3T’s Royal Sussex County Hospital (RSCH) Redevelopment Public and Patients Design Panel
The 3T’s (Teaching, Tertiary, Trauma) Redevelopment Project of the Royal Sussex County Hospital is a Project to modernise the Royal Sussex County Hospital in Brighton, develop and expand the services provided for the most seriously ill and injured patients and strengthen the role as the regional teaching hospital.
FACS provide consultancy and advice work on design principles of enabling environments, for people who are visual, hearing and combined sight and hearing impaired, including older people with additional disabilities.
- Royal Sussex County Older People’s Dignity Champions Project led by Senior Nurse of RSCH, to explore themes and awareness around older people’s communication issues in hospital relating to care and dignity.
- Neighbourhood Care Scheme – Volunteers working with older and vulnerable people.
- Affinity Sutton Housing Association – highlighting the need for further training and awareness within whole organisations.
3T’s Hospital Redevelopment Disability Access Audit
- Facilitation of specialist Focus Workshop on Acoustics and Noise Levels in Hospital Environments to enhance knowledge and design relating to good communication environments.
- Communication Toolkit – A Resource Box to support staff to identify and communicate with people with combined sight and hearing loss.
- The Idiots Guide to Hearing Loops
- Care Home Guidelines to support CQC Essential Standards
- Hearing Loop Audits – NHS Trusts
- Disability Access Audit Workshops – NHS Trusts and Private Hospitals