This workshop is designed to provide an overview of the communication needs of people with different types of hearing loss and raise awareness and understanding of some of the challenges that people may experience.
By the end of the workshop, participants will be able to apply some simple, practical and useful communication techniquesto support people with hearing loss.
What the workshop covers:
Types of Hearing Loss
- Terminology & Definitions
- Levels of Hearing Loss
- Hearing Loss as a Hidden Disability
- Identifying a person with Hearing Loss
- Emotions, Social and Physical Impacts
- Basic principles of good communication
- Communication Methods
- Support and Equipment
- Hearing Aids and Hearing Loops
- Lip Reading
Who the workshop is for:
- Support Workers
- Front Line Workers
- Telephone Advice Workers
All workshop participants receive a comprehensive Hand-out and Certificate of Training.